Nutritional therapy uses food and supplements to enhance health and well-being. The nutrients in food have a powerful effect on the body and, when used in the right way, bring about huge changes to your health. It is not about cutting out all of those foods which you enjoy or going on a crash diet: it is about a much more long-term regime and balanced approach to everyday healthy eating.
Making simple changes to your diet puts the control back in your own hands. You can change your health by rethinking what you eat.
This therapy is effective for a broad range of heath conditions and can work in combination with many other therapies and traditional or complementary treatments.
Nutrition can play a vital role in improving health and vitality
in many areas such as:
- Reproductive health including PCOS, Endometriosis, PMS and menopause
- Heart health
- Weight management
- Mental health
- Fertility and pregnancy
- Childhood development and learning
- Quitting smoking
- Skin conditions such as acne, eczema or psoriasis
- Boosting immunity
- Energy levels
- Improving digestion
- Eliminating allergies
- Enhancing sports performance
Who needs Nutritional Therapy?
Following a good diet is relevant to everyone but it is particularly important
if any of these statements are true for you:
- I find myself forgetting things all the time
- I find it hard to concentrate and learn
- My children are having learning difficulty at school
- I find that my mood can change throughout the day
- My energy dips mid afternoon
- I find it very hard to wake up in the morning
- I am always suffering from coughs and colds
- I want to ensure that I am as healthy as possible before I get pregnant
- My hands and feet are always cold
- I always feel bloated
- I am struggling to loose weight
- I am not sure which food is best for me
- I can?t function without my morning coffee
- I want to improve my sporting performance
A Nutritional Therapy consultation
Nutritio offers private consultations in South London and via Skype if you are unable to travel. During your first consultation, Joanna will take you through a series of questions to help her assess your current state of health and the best course of action to achieve your goals. She will give you a personalised plan including, diet, supplements and lifestyle. During your subsequent follow-up sessions she will review your progress and adjust your plan accordingly. Throughout your time as a Nutritio client Joanna will always be available on email or the telephone to answer your questions and support your progress.
Nutritio specialise in Women’s Health and understand that for many women hormone balance can be a key factor in their current state of health.
Nutrition plays an important role in tackling the side effects of conditions like PCOS, Menopause, Endometriosis and PMS. Changing your diet can help reduce pain and cravings as well as improve mood and balance emotions. By including the right nutrients in your diet you can improve detoxification and elimination of excess hormones that in turn can help reduce your symptoms. If your body is storing too many hormones like Oestrogen and Cortisol you may find it hard to loose weight, especially around the middle, this is often known as the spare tyre or muffin top.